No more baby food...I think...
Over the past couple of days Isabella had decided she is not going to eat her baby food anymore. We have been trying to get her to eat it, but she simply refuses. If we can get her to put the food into her mouth she just spits it out right away. We've tried giving her new kinds and also the stuff she seems to really like but nothing works. We've pretty much given up and are just going to have to give in and make her "real" people food I guess. I think we will continue to try to give her the usual baby food since we have stuff left, but my hopes aren't high that she'll start eating it again. I think it's funny that somehow she knows what's baby food and what's not. I mean we are feeding her Gerber Graduates and they look just like "real" people food. We have been setting it on her high chair so she can pick it up by herself and feed herself, but all of a sudden there's a difference to her. I tried giving some of her food for lunch today and she refused it, but when I offered her spaghetti that I was eating she ate it as fast as she could. For supper this evening I made enchiladas. Once again we would try to give her some of her own food but she would basically just squish it on her tray and spit it out if it went into her mouth. As soon as I gave her tomatoes, cheese, and a little bit of meat she was perfectly happy. I guess we did give her this little meat stick. It's kind of like a hot dog but safe and made for little babies. She ate a couple bites of that but got sick of it quickly. It doesn't bother me that she doesn't want to eat baby food and I can't blame her. I'm just surprised that she knows the difference or at least seems to. It's also a little difficult because now I have to actually make her meals instead of just throwing a container in the microwave. I actually have to plan which is not by big thing all the time. It's also a little frustrating because I'm not always sure what she can and cannot eat, or how much she should be eating of what. I guess we'll figure it out as it goes, but I was really hoping I'd have a couple more months before I had to figure this crap out. I shouldn't complain because at least she's eating something and isn't a picky eater. She pretty much will eat anything you put in front of her so that's a plus.


5 Comments:
Keep a good heart, sometimes babies do go through stages where they don't want to eat certain things and sometimes you may have to offer it to them up to as many as ten times but usually they will start eating it again. If Isabella is content eating normal people food that's not bad either. I always felt like I was saving some money since we usually had left-overs anyway and since baby food is a little expensive it's nice not having to buy it.
I know what you mean. I am glad that if she won't eat her baby food we don't have to spend the extra money on it anymore. My biggest problem is just figuring out what to make so she can eat it and not choke and die. I think my other worry is that with the baby food I knew she was getting enough veggies and fruit and everything else. But if she's eating "real" people food I don't know how to tell if she's getting enough what she needs. I mean I can't feed her mac and cheese every meal. I guess we'll just figure it out as it comes.
Are there baby vitamins you can give Isabella to supplement her diet?
I heard that when they start eating solid foods the diaper changes are oh so lovely. =P That's going to be interesting with Astrid.
I guess I've never heard anything about vitamins for babies, but I should definitely found out about that.
Yes, ever since she's started eating solid food her diapers have definitely been interesting. I have smelled new smells that I never even knew were possible. I'm just very happy I have a good gag reflex otherwise I'd be cleaning more than Isabella's little butt.
When Cassidy was a year and a half, our doctor told us to give her My First Flinstone vitamins but only give her a half a tablet a day and Cassie really enjoys them. Since she is almost two, we have graduated to one full tablet a day. Your doc may do something like that. With Cassidy things like rice, mashed potatoes, some stews (I made sure to cut the veggies smaller and made sure they were soft), ice cream, pudding, and things like that she really loved. She really likes hot dishes too.
Post a Comment
<< Home