Isabella had to see the doctor...
We thought Isabella was doing better, but this morning she had a temperature of 101. Which, by the way, is actually 102 because we took it in her armpit and so you add a degree for whatever reason. Good to know. We gave her some tylenol and was able to get her into the doctor this morning. By the time they took her temperature it was already down to 97. So I don't know what the heck is going on with her temperature, but hopefully it'll just stay down. We also found out we can give her more tylenol than we have been giving her so that'll help. Doug got up with her last night because she wasn't sleeping through the night like usual and when I came downstairs this morning they were both sleeping on the floor. Isabella under her carebear blanket and daddy was sleeping under Isabella's princess blanket. Cute. Anyways, the doctor just said she probably just a little virus from something and to not worry unless she still has a high fever by Saturday morning. She's taking a nap right now so hopefully when she wakes up her temperature will still be down. I can't wait for my baby to start feeling better.


4 Comments:
i hate baby fevers. even though the temp was down to 97 by the time she got to the doctor, IMO you still did the right thing. just for peace of mind. we had to take mo mo to the emergency room one night around 1am because of a fever. he was fine, but i'm glad we took him.
I know what you mean. It's definitely better to take them to the doctor just in case rather than waiting to see what happens I think.
Nothing makes a parent feel helpless than their baby being sick and knowing that you have to let it run it's course. However, when I have taken Cassie to see a doctor or gone to the ER and nothing has been terribly wrong, I was always reassured by the doc and nurses that I did the right think just in case and it showed that I was a concerned parent and just wanted to make sure that my child was healthy. Not once have I been critised about it and that makes me feel good. I hope that you recieved the same cause I think that in itself is a good feeling.
poor baby and poor mommy and daddy!
Post a Comment
<< Home