Yuck! Not carrots!!
So Isabella tried carrots for the first time yesterday. She did NOT like them. She started eating them like she usually eats her cereal by just sticking out her tongue and tasting them. Usually she'll then begin to eat normally and do fine, but now with the carrots. She right away started making really sad faces of disgust. A few times I was able to actually get some into her mouth, but that was terrible. I felt soooo bad for her. She would actually gag on them. She wouldn't gag like she couldn't swallow it and was choking, but she made sounds and faces like an adult would when they are pretending to gag. It was really cute and sad all at the same time. After a few tries she became really pissed off so we gave up. Fortunately today was better. Doug fed her and she actually ate everything in her bowl. I don't know that she likes them any better, but at least she was willing to eat them. It sucks that we have to start out with vegetables, because they smell so incredibly disgusting. We also have to feed her the same thing for a couple days in a row just to make sure she's not allergic to anything, and if she is we will know right away what she's allergic to. So tomorrow is her last day of those stinky ass carrots. Thank god!! Although it's not like she gets anything much better after that. I might try sweet potatoes because I don't like the looks of the green vegetables. I'm excited when I can give her fruit because then I can kind of mix the fruit with the vegetables for her so hopefully they will taste a little better to her, but I really think it will just make a horrible combination, but babies are silly like that.
She's finally learning how to keep her hands in front of her when she lays on her tummy too. For the life of me I could not get her to keep her hands in front of her because she didn't like it and would keep putting them up in the air behind her. Finally after some persistence from Doug and I she all of a sudden is able to actually play with her toys on her tummy. Hopefully soon she'll be figuring out how to push herself up on her arms. She's so damn strong that as soon as she figures out how to use her arms she'll probably be off and crawling all over. When we pull her up into a sitting postion from laying on the floor she can then use her legs to push herself up into a standing position without much help from us. We basically just let her hold onto our fingers and she does the rest of the work. Maybe it's just because she's my baby, but I know she's super strong. :)
Fuck school. That's all I have to say about that subject.
She's finally learning how to keep her hands in front of her when she lays on her tummy too. For the life of me I could not get her to keep her hands in front of her because she didn't like it and would keep putting them up in the air behind her. Finally after some persistence from Doug and I she all of a sudden is able to actually play with her toys on her tummy. Hopefully soon she'll be figuring out how to push herself up on her arms. She's so damn strong that as soon as she figures out how to use her arms she'll probably be off and crawling all over. When we pull her up into a sitting postion from laying on the floor she can then use her legs to push herself up into a standing position without much help from us. We basically just let her hold onto our fingers and she does the rest of the work. Maybe it's just because she's my baby, but I know she's super strong. :)
Fuck school. That's all I have to say about that subject.


3 Comments:
Yeah I hate school too. Why do you have to do veggies before fruit?
The doctor didn't say to do veggies first, but I've heard from lots of places to do it that way. It makes sense if you think about it. I mean who would want to eat carrots or peas after having bananas? This way she won't like the fruits and decide to not even try the vegetables. I don't know how well it actually will work in the end, but hopefully she'll end up like some of the veggies.
Isabella should do great witht the sweet potatos, those and the squash were Cassidy's favorites. She also loved the green beans and the peas. If I couldn't get her to eat anything, if I would offer one of those four, she would eat the entire jar. We haven't had jar foods in a very long time, we have been on table foods and I think they are easier but at the same time harder because now I have to make a meal plan and figure out what I am going to feed her from week to week...it's not like just picking a jar out of the cupboard. But it's great to watch her eat by herself because she has so much fun doing it.
Post a Comment
<< Home