How about some freshly chewed food in your eye?
So along with Isabella not eating baby food anymore she's found a new talent. Spitting her food out so it flies across the table and often times hits you in the face. What a nice gesture of love from my baby. :) Even when she's eating food she obviously likes she does this. She'll chew the food for a second or two and then it comes shooting out of her mouth. She will look at Doug and I like she's waiting for us to be happy about it, but we aren't obviously. We try to not look at her when she's doing it so maybe she'll get it through her little brain that she's not supposed to do that. Telling her to stop or saying no doesn't help since she probably still doesn't really know what those words mean anyway. The only thing that seems to really work is when she gets a piece of food in her mouth we have to right away clap and cheer for her. I know it sounds silly but I think it lets her know that eating the food is a good thing and it probably distracts her long enough so she forgets about spitting out the food. Whatever works I guess. I guess the nice thing about her eating real people food is that she's been trying lots more different kinds of food. She's had macaroni and cheese before but recently Doug made the kind with the shells and she absolutely loves that. She had a chicken sandwich yesterday and seemed to enjoy it. I made tator tot hotdish and she doesn't seem to like the tator tots all that much but it could've just been that she wasn't in the mood either. I'm still worried about whether she's getting enough food to eat and the right kinds. She's drinking more formula than she ever has so I know she's not getting enough actual food in her tummy. At least right now she's supposed to be on formula still so it's not necessarily a bad thing for her to drink more than usual I hope. My mom mentioned that maybe she's not eating as much either simply because it's hot out. That's an idea because I know I don't get as hungry when it's summer so maybe that's her deal. That would also explain her drinking more formula since she's probably thirstier. I don't know. She's acting fine so I'm sure she's not dieing or anything. She has her 1 year appointment in September so if she's still not eating much and has lost any weight by then I guess we'll see what her doctor has to say. I guess until then we'll just keep doing what we're doing and probably buy some face masks to protect us from flying food.
It's crazy to think but Isabella will be 1 year old Sep. 13. That's like a month and a half away, if that. I'm so damn excited. I'm excited to see her open her gifts and eat lots of cake. We're planning on going to Devils Lake to see Doug's family, and of course auntie April and uncle Kevin. :) Then going to Mayville on another weekend. I think her birthday falls sometime in the middle of the week so that should work out. It's going to be crazy having more than one birthday party for her. I guess that's the way it was for me growing up though too. I always had a birthday party with my friends and then one that was just with my family. I like that idea because then it feels like you're getting more presents than you actually are and your birthday actually lasts over a few days rather than just one day for a few hours. I think Doug and I will probably have a tiny party with just us and her. If anything just so I have an excuse to make a birthday cake for her. :) I can't wait to see how sick and fat she gets from all the cake. Ok, so I don't want her to get sick, but you know what I mean.
Hmmm...I think that's about it. Nothing else has been going on around here so I guess I don't really have anything else to say. See ya!
It's crazy to think but Isabella will be 1 year old Sep. 13. That's like a month and a half away, if that. I'm so damn excited. I'm excited to see her open her gifts and eat lots of cake. We're planning on going to Devils Lake to see Doug's family, and of course auntie April and uncle Kevin. :) Then going to Mayville on another weekend. I think her birthday falls sometime in the middle of the week so that should work out. It's going to be crazy having more than one birthday party for her. I guess that's the way it was for me growing up though too. I always had a birthday party with my friends and then one that was just with my family. I like that idea because then it feels like you're getting more presents than you actually are and your birthday actually lasts over a few days rather than just one day for a few hours. I think Doug and I will probably have a tiny party with just us and her. If anything just so I have an excuse to make a birthday cake for her. :) I can't wait to see how sick and fat she gets from all the cake. Ok, so I don't want her to get sick, but you know what I mean.
Hmmm...I think that's about it. Nothing else has been going on around here so I guess I don't really have anything else to say. See ya!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home