Obsessed With Isabella

This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Isabella. She is the smartest, strongest, most beautiful little girl you could ever meet. This is why she needs a blog all about her. Although she is the center of my life I will also share my opinions and ideas on other subjects, but mostly this will be about my little chunk-chunk.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a stay-at-home mom who has a daughter, Isabella,(born September 13th, 2004), with my favorite man in the world, her daddy, Doug.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

The evil thumb has found my daughter

So I'm sitting on the couch watching tv and Isabella is laying on the floor watching tv also. I hear some sucking noises coming from her and figure she's just sucking on her hands like she usually does. I look down at her and what do I see??? Her THUMB is in her mouth!!!! She finally figured out how to get it in there. Now, you may not think this is a big deal, but to me it is. I sucked my thumb for YEARS, and had to get braces because of it. I know how hard it is to stop sucking your thumb, and I don't want Isabella to try to have to stop. So I immediately pulled it out of her mouth and stuck her pacifier in. I saw her do this a few more times throughout the day, and last night when I went to bed I looked at her sleeping in her crib and sure enough she was sucking her thumb. I don't know if having her suck on her pacifier is better than her thumb, but at least one day I can throw her pacifiers away. I don't have any way of getting rid of her thumb. She likes her pacifier and usually only needs it to help her get to sleep so hopefully if I keep sticking it in her mouth when she starts sucking her thumb she'll learn not to do it anymore. As much as I don't want her to suck her thumb I have to admit it is really cute. Maybe sometime when she is doing it I'll take a picture before I take out. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

I wouldn't worry too hard about the thumb. I haven't seen I bride walk down the isle with her thumb in her mouth yet. Once she realizes that "big kids" don't suck there thumbs she will eventually ween herself....I did. I can remember sucking my thumb when I was young and that is exactly what made me stop. With the pacifier, Cassidy is the same way. She won't use it all day unless it's nap time or she is ready for bed. I love seeing the pics of Bella, she is beautiful. Congrates to you and Doug for a georgous little girl.

12/30/2004 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home