Obsessed With Isabella

This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Isabella. She is the smartest, strongest, most beautiful little girl you could ever meet. This is why she needs a blog all about her. Although she is the center of my life I will also share my opinions and ideas on other subjects, but mostly this will be about my little chunk-chunk.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a stay-at-home mom who has a daughter, Isabella,(born September 13th, 2004), with my favorite man in the world, her daddy, Doug.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our first tomato...

We were finally able to pick our first tomato a few days ago. Isabella went outside in her jammies and I showed her how to pick it. This was the conversation afterwards:

Bellbell: "Are we going to eat the red tomato?"
Me: "Yes, but it needs a little time to finish ripening."
Bellbell: "No. I don't like tomatoes. Daddy doesn't like tomatoes. You like tomatoes mommy."

Basically she was excited to watch it grow, and to get to pick it, but she knows she does NOT like tomatoes, so there was nothing I could do to convince her to even try it. Plus, I didn't try too hard to get her to eat it because I know they literally make her gag. I've seen it.

By Friday there should be quite a few ready, so I'm going to use Ambers food processor to make tomato sauce. Thanks Amber! My goal is to make a bunch of tomato sauce and freeze it. We make chili every single Sunday during football season so we go through lots of tomato sauce in the winter. If I can get enough sauce out of my tomatoes just for the chili I would be happy. We'll see how it goes though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home