A trip to the park...
Yesterday we took Isabella to the park to get some big sticks for the graveyard Doug wants to set up for Halloween in our backyard. He thinks we should have 2 big crosses and a little one. I think we should put our names on them too. Sorry, Isabella has a couple of morbid parents at times.
When we got to the park there were tons of college kids running around playing frisbee golf. I played that once, years ago with Katie, and I hated every minute of it. I like to play regular golf, but I don't enjoy throwing frisbees at things I guess. We were lucky enough to find a spot away from them all so Isabella wouldn't get smacked in the head by an out-of-control frisbee.
Tonight we are going to the Mardi Gras Rally for Relief at the Alerus. They are having a spaghetti dinner, different activities, and music throughout the night. It's a free-will donation, and obviously all the money is going to the hurricane survivors. It's a good excuse for me to not make supper since I don't feel like cooking today. :) Hopefully it will be fun and Isabella will enjoy herself.
This Saturday there's an Arts & Crafts show in East Grand at the VFW and Civic Center. We are planning to go to that since we are obsessed with art crap.
I'm still trying to decide if I should buy or make a halloween costume for Isabella this year. I mean she's still too young to go trick-or-treating anyways, so I'm not sure if there's really a point to it. I'm not in the mood to spend $20 on a costume she's just going to wear so I can take some pictures. Maybe we should go to Target and have her try different costumes on in the aisles and I could take some pics there without having to buy anything. I wonder if Target would care? Hmmmm....
I don't think anything else is really going on around here. I am loving fall. I'm also happy that we don't have very many trees in our yard, so we might not have to rake at all this year. That's one thing I do not enjoy about fall. Our house we used to live in had two huge trees, plus the backyard itself was huge, so it sucked trying to rake that up. The second summer we lived there, the summer I was pregnant, we didn't rake at all. We just left it all. Silly, lazy people.
Anyways, I'm off to go clean something. Isabella is taking an early nap, so now I have to figure out something to do with myself. I scheduled her naps so that she slept when one of my shows was on, but since she's sleeping early today it really messes things up. Doesn't she understand this? Oh well, later alligators!
When we got to the park there were tons of college kids running around playing frisbee golf. I played that once, years ago with Katie, and I hated every minute of it. I like to play regular golf, but I don't enjoy throwing frisbees at things I guess. We were lucky enough to find a spot away from them all so Isabella wouldn't get smacked in the head by an out-of-control frisbee.
Tonight we are going to the Mardi Gras Rally for Relief at the Alerus. They are having a spaghetti dinner, different activities, and music throughout the night. It's a free-will donation, and obviously all the money is going to the hurricane survivors. It's a good excuse for me to not make supper since I don't feel like cooking today. :) Hopefully it will be fun and Isabella will enjoy herself.
This Saturday there's an Arts & Crafts show in East Grand at the VFW and Civic Center. We are planning to go to that since we are obsessed with art crap.
I'm still trying to decide if I should buy or make a halloween costume for Isabella this year. I mean she's still too young to go trick-or-treating anyways, so I'm not sure if there's really a point to it. I'm not in the mood to spend $20 on a costume she's just going to wear so I can take some pictures. Maybe we should go to Target and have her try different costumes on in the aisles and I could take some pics there without having to buy anything. I wonder if Target would care? Hmmmm....
I don't think anything else is really going on around here. I am loving fall. I'm also happy that we don't have very many trees in our yard, so we might not have to rake at all this year. That's one thing I do not enjoy about fall. Our house we used to live in had two huge trees, plus the backyard itself was huge, so it sucked trying to rake that up. The second summer we lived there, the summer I was pregnant, we didn't rake at all. We just left it all. Silly, lazy people.
Anyways, I'm off to go clean something. Isabella is taking an early nap, so now I have to figure out something to do with myself. I scheduled her naps so that she slept when one of my shows was on, but since she's sleeping early today it really messes things up. Doesn't she understand this? Oh well, later alligators!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home