Obsessed With Isabella

This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Isabella. She is the smartest, strongest, most beautiful little girl you could ever meet. This is why she needs a blog all about her. Although she is the center of my life I will also share my opinions and ideas on other subjects, but mostly this will be about my little chunk-chunk.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a stay-at-home mom who has a daughter, Isabella,(born September 13th, 2004), with my favorite man in the world, her daddy, Doug.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Ouch!

So Isabella had her 4 month doctor visit today. It went well and overall we still have a perfectly healthy baby girl. The only main thing is that the right side of her head is a little flatter than it should be. That's only because of where she lays when she's on the floor and the fact that she always stares at the tv looking to her right so that side gets more pressure on it than the left side. So we just have to have her use the other side of her head more, so I changed her position on the floor so she can see the tv using the other side of her head. Yes, I know babies at this age shouldn't watch lots of tv, but to me I don't see too much wrong with it. Doug and I play with her lots throughout the day so that's not the only thing she does. We also think that, at least at this age, tv can help her a little. I think the different colors, shapes, sounds, and people she sees can help her little brain develop. As she gets older we'll have to limit the tv a lot more so she doesn't become a couch potato, but right now that's about all she can be.

We also found out that she has a little diaper rash, although I was the one who brought it up. I gave her a bath this morning and noticed a little tiny light red spot, probably about half the size of a dime. I put diaper rash stuff on it, and figured I'd ask the doctor about it just to make sure I was right. She told me I was right, so I felt good about spotting it right away. It's almost all gone already so I'm glad I caught it early so it didn't get worse and start to irritate her.

She also had her 4 months shots today. They sucked. I felt awful for her. When she was 6 weeks old she had shots, but it wasn't so bad because she was already crying before they gave them to her and at the time she couldn't cry real loud or cry real tears. This time she was happy and watching the nurses around her, and then they gave her the shots...3 of them. Man, she screamed and the worst was seeing the real tears streaming down her face. I felt so bad because I wish I could tell her what's going on, but at least she's probably already forgotten about them, and we give her baby tylenol for the next day to help any soreness go away.

We also get to start feeding her baby cereal!!! I was so excited when the doctor told us that. She's able to hold her head up real well by herself and sit up for long periods of time with help so she's ready to eat delicious baby cereal, yum! It was definitely fun trying to feed her for the first time tonight. She kept making grossed out faces, she definitely looked confused. After a couple minutes of trying to eat she finally just gave up and got pissed off at me. So I quit for today because I don't want her to think she's being forced to eat this stuff and I don't want her to associate eating with something negative. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe she'll actually get something down her throat. If not, oh well. She's just learning so I'm sure it's going to take awhile for her to get the idea, and even then I'm sure a lot of it will come right back out of her mouth anyways.

3 Comments:

Blogger April said...

poor thing... all sorts of new things today. Its cool that she gets to eat cereal... yumm...

1/12/2005 10:44 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

When Cassidy was that young, I used her little bouncy chair for everything. She sat in it on the kitchen table when I did dishes and cleaned, she sat in it in the bathroom so I could shower and clean, she even sat in it in the living room so I could vaccum and clean....do you see the pattern??? hahahaha. I used that bouncy chair and the swing A LOT when something had to get done. Eventually she learned to love them and she tried to climb in them herself. Now that she walks and plays with her toys and stuff I don't worry about her until the house gets really quiet. Trust me, now is the hardest time you have with her, it will get a lot easier. Wait until she is 15 months....then it will he a whole new ball game.

1/14/2005 1:54 PM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Poor thing! Shots are so bad when you're little. I remember when I was little I had to be literally dragged out of my house for shots or lied to and then I refused to talk to anyone because I was mad they lied to me.

1/17/2005 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home