Obsessed With Isabella

This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Isabella. She is the smartest, strongest, most beautiful little girl you could ever meet. This is why she needs a blog all about her. Although she is the center of my life I will also share my opinions and ideas on other subjects, but mostly this will be about my little chunk-chunk.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a stay-at-home mom who has a daughter, Isabella,(born September 13th, 2004), with my favorite man in the world, her daddy, Doug.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

She Did It!!!!

Finally!!! Isabella ROLLED OVER for the very first time!!!!!! I'm so excited for her!!! I can't believe how excited I got once she did it. She's rolled over a couple times before, but that was when she was only a couple weeks old. She had colic and she would get herself so worked up she would accidentally roll over. This time was totally different because you could tell she was really trying. She would grunt a little and try to force her little body over, and she finally did it. She rolled over 4 times today. It's so much fun seeing Isabella learning how to do new things. I was excited the first time she actually held onto a toy, and the first day I noticed her watching and staring intently at her hands. It must be exciting every time your baby learns something new no matter how tiny it is. I think it's because when you bring them home they don't do much but eat and sleep. They just lay around staring at the ceiling or briefly looking at you. When they actually learn new skills you start to see them as a real person not just a little doll that needs to be fed and changed.
She got some books for Christmas so I read them to her today. She seemed to like looking at them, but obviously didn't care what I was saying. It was cute because she would take her left hand and hold it on the book like she was holding the book open. Everytime I turned the page she would put her hand back in the same place just like mine and hold the book open with me. I don't know if she really knew what she was doing, but it was super cute anyways.
We also got her weighed today and she now weighs 15lbs. 2oz. with clothes on. That means she's gained 2lbs. in a month!!! I'm so happy my baby is so cute and chubby.
She's doing much better today since we're not around lots of people. She's back to her normal routine and happy as ever. I guess that's really what she needed was to get away from everyone and get back to her usual schedule. It works because she's my usual happy little chub monster.
Well I'm off to read some more of my new book. My mom got me a book called "Pledged". It's about sororities and what goes on in them, etc.. I've only read two chapters and I'm hooked. It's a great book so far.
Good night everyone!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

YAY!!!!!! I can't wait to see! Look, she looks so proud of herself like "HA HA, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!" Congrats... I think... because crawling comes next, then you won't be able to keep up with her. She seems smart too, so walking isn't too far in the future... watch out!!!

12/29/2004 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home