Obsessed With Isabella

This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Isabella. She is the smartest, strongest, most beautiful little girl you could ever meet. This is why she needs a blog all about her. Although she is the center of my life I will also share my opinions and ideas on other subjects, but mostly this will be about my little chunk-chunk.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm a stay-at-home mom who has a daughter, Isabella,(born September 13th, 2004), with my favorite man in the world, her daddy, Doug.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Apple juice! YUM!

So I gave Isabella her first taste of apple juice tonight. She doesn't usually have a bottle of formula for a few hours before she goes to bed because she's usually not hungry. I decided to try and give her some apple juice anyways. She seemed to like it, but also seemed a little bit confused by what she was drinking. She started to drink it right away, but stopped and you could almost see her trying to figure out in her little head what the hell was coming out of her bottle. She must have liked it enough because she drank almost two ounces before she finally just fell asleep. She doesn't need to drink it right now, but I like the idea of letting her try something new and I can't imagine that the formula tastes that great. I figure babies need a treat every now and then, so the apple juice is a good start. We've let her taste different foods already, like gravy, spaghetti sauce, pudding, and my mom tried mashed potatoes. She always makes weird faces so you can't tell if she likes it or not, but it's cute and I'm sure she likes that different tastes and textures in her mouth. I can't wait to be able to try giving her rice cereal. She has a doctor appointment in January and they will talk to us about starting to feed her different baby foods, so we've decided to wait until then to try it. I know it will be really messy once she starts being able to eat different things, but it'll be fun watching her get excited over new foods. And besides that's why you feed them naked and give them baths.
Doug is working tonight until midnight so we aren't doing anything for New Years Eve. I don't know if I could stay awake until midnight anyways. My sleeping schedule is finally on track with Isabella's, but now it kind of sucks falling asleep at 8:30 or 9 at night. At least I'm getting lots of sleep because Isabella can sleep for up to 12 hours. The doctor told us at her two month appointment to wake her up every 6 hours and feed her, but why? I mean if she wants to sleep 12 hours that's fine with me. She has gained 2 pounds in the last month so she's obviously getting enough to eat. Besides when we did try to wake her up when she wasn't ready she just kept falling asleep while we tried to feed her so it wasn't worth it. Some nights she does happen to wake up at 2 in the morning because she's hungry, so obviously she knows when she's hungry and that she should eat.
Tomorrow my mom and sister are going to take Isabella for the night as long as the weather is good enough for them to come up here from Mayville. I hope its good weather because I know how much they like watching her, especially my mom. Doug works again tomorrow until 11, but I'll be able to get some errands done without hauling Isabella all around town. We didn't get to have our Christmas dinner with eachother because Doug worked, etc.. So I'm making it tomorrow night. I'm making ham, 7-layer salad, and sour cream potatoes. If you don't know what sour cream potatoes are you should have me make them for you sometime. They are the best potatoes in the world (at least when my mom makes them). I've never made them before, but I can cook pretty well so hopefully they'll turn out. We wont be eating until late, but we'll at least get to have our Christmas dinner.
Well I think I've talked long enough about nothing too interesting, so I should go clean up the house and probably go to bed.
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!! Talk to you next year!!!! (hahahaha) (yup I'm funny like that...next year....hahaha) (ok, i'm done)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home